FMB Twitter savoir vivre!
Plenty of great Twitter articles online and yet we feel that there is still plenty of room for improvement. Here is our short Twitter savoir vivre guideline based on our experience and observation of the greatest Tweeps.
1. Do not use Twitter as one way communication – be sociable. Get engaged in conversation.
2. If someone is kind enough to RT you, be nice and at least say thank you. Make use of “Notifications” feature :)
3. Remember that usually people use twitter to present themselves or their service or product. If someone tweets your offer – return the favor.
4. To follow or not to follow. Shakespeare’s Dilemma? We don’t think so. If you’re not interested in what other people have to say, why are you on Twitter in the first place?
5. DM messaging. Use it wisely, don’t force DM messages on people too often – lots of people don’t like messaging at all.
6. If you don’t want to follow someone – that’s fine, but do not ask them for a favor such as liking your FB page or interview you?:)
7. Follow the Golden SM rule: make friends first then sell.
8. Learn: Twitter is a wonderful and open world of artists, businesses, viewers – all sorts of people. You might read something one day that will shake up your world.
9. Last but not least: our favourite – building your twitter account and unfollowing people when you think you have enough fans. The equal number of following and followers does not mean your tweets are not valuable or you are not an?expert in what you do. To us it means that you want to hear what other people have to say.
The question is: are you really interested in socializing?
One more thing: the real social media “Guru” will never call him/herself”Guru” – they let their work and content speak for themselves :)
We don’t want you to feel like you’re missing out on anything. Sign up and get on board with free articles, downloads and discounts for our services and products!